Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Calm Before The Storm

Around here my brain is bursting right now with ideas and plans.  I have made so many lists I can not keep track of them.  Three of my kids have spring birthdays.  One of those is a FIRST BIRTHDAY!!  
I love first birthdays.
I mean really really love them!
I can not wait for Cait's big day!

 


Before I get to do my baby's pink and brown giraffe party, I will be throwing a Hello Kitty party for my 6 year old.  This should be easy, right?  
Buy some plates.
buy some balloons,
make a cake
bada- bing, bada- boom,
party is over...

Ya not in my world.



For some reason I feel complelled to re-invent the Hello Kitty party.  No themed plates, my brain wants to come up with something new and fresh.  This banner above is not mine, I wish it was, I wish I had come up with this cuteness! I saw it on Etsy. I heart Etsy... but we will leave that conversation for another day...

...Because I have a Hello Kitty party to plan!
Yikes!  Wish me luck!  If you have any inspirations, send them my way!  The Hello kitty party is March 6
right.
around.
the corner!
Double yikes!

Oh!  I forgot to mention, the first birthday, the one I have been dreaming about for 9 months, is on a Saturday in May and my son's party will be the next day.
Yes, you read that right.
THE NEXT DAY!

Which leads me to my 3rd party that needs to be planned...

My almost 4 year old wants a "park party".
What's a park party you ask?
We have a park across the street from our house.
He wants his party to match the park...
....and be at the park.

And that, my friends, is me, as real as it gets... lamenting about the toils and trials of having so many of my kids' birthdays in such a short space along with my God-given desire to make every detail perfect because doing parties, I swear, is the 6th Love Language!  Thanks for listening and thanks in advance for any ideas or words of encouragement!!

6 comments:

Christina @ Cookies are my Canvas said...

I did a Hello Kitty Party for my daughter's 4th b-day...here are a few pics...
http://luvmy2girls.typepad.com/photos/hello_kitty_party/index.html

Of course this was before the fabulous Bakerella pops...
http://www.bakerella.com/here-kitty-kitty/

And cute cookies!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amastercreation/4102352277/in/set-72157615139930958/

Happy party planning! You have great ideas!

Christina @ Cookies are my Canvas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CWBD Parties said...

Colleen - I sooo understand about the madness, LOL. Before I start getting things together for my daughter's parties, I shout "Let the Insanity Begin!" I know how it is girlfriend - I am right there with you. I think you will do great and it will be loads of fun because it's what you love to do. Hopefully you have someone that can help you out when you need it. I'm excited to see how the parties turn out! Good Luck!

Helen said...

Thank you for your kind words on my pond party - the first 10 fish certainly got more love than the second 10!!

Good luck with all your parties - what fun.

http://curlybirds.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

You have so much on your plate! That's a lot of planning! good luck!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I FOUND THIS LINK OVER AT PARTY PERFECT.
http://partyperfectblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/kitty-kuteness.html