Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Inspiration

I live in Canada and in Canada they celebrate Thanksgiving in October. The harvest is earlier up here I guess.. Anyways, We celebrated Thanksgiving this weekend so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite details to get my American readers in the mood for turkey!!



The kids and I noticed a stunning tree in our neighborhood. We plucked a few leaves off and hot glued them to simple white candles. Cute, yes?



I bought 3 pieces of felt; brown, rust and green. I cut out the letters and the kids hot glued them along with little pumpkins that they made onto card stock. We couldn't find the hole punch so we used a kitchen knife and the cutting board to make slits in the paper for the ribbon to weave through.




The grown up table...

Cream card stock and gold puff paint...two easy ingredients for simple and pretty place cards.
This china was given to me by my Grandma. I have avoided using it in the past because it "isn't my style". My new philosophy is "embrace it". I built the whole table around the china. I only have 6 place setting so I mixed it with my simple white every day dishes (men got those, women got the fancy ones :).




The kid table...




The kid table does not have to match the grown up one...it can be a mini party! This table was fun and colorful and they loved it. I used puff paint to write the kids' names on their pumpkins. The kids enjoyed picking it off. Ha!



Have fun with your food! Here is my rainbow veggie plate. Nobody touched the cabbage but it sure looked pretty!




Tea time! I set up the tea service on my fanciest cake plate. It looked so pretty and gave some height to the counter.



A spot of tea, anyone? Canadians do tea like the English. If there is dessert involved, tea is essential. if tea is not a regular part of your thanksgiving tradition, why not start something new this year? When the pies come out, break out the tea as well!





Cheers for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I love the banner you made...and the both tables look so festive.

JHNickodemus said...

That rainbow veggie plate is Soooo one in every color! I love it!